[Grant Proposal] Euler Monthly Financial Reporting

Name : Asymmetric Defi

Detailed Description of Grant Request :
Provide Monthly Reports about the Financial State of the Euler DAO. The reports would include : Revenues, Expenses, Treasury Analysis, Competition Analysis, Macro Trends Analysis …

How will your project benefit the Euler Ecosystem?
Inform the community about what’s going on with the DAO financially and how it is impacted by crypto trends & news…

How much are you requesting for the grant?
12k USD (Paid in EUL or Stables) for 12 Monthly Reports (1k USD per Monthly Report)

Other Information :
The reports would be similar to what I produce for Uniswap.

Asymmetric Defi is both Uniswap & Aave Grantee

Thank you for the proposal @adalhi

a. Would you be willing to receive retroactive funding for submitting reports each month/or a fixed interval of your choosing?

b. On what date do you propose to publish these reports each month and what consequences do you propose incase you are unable to fulfil this deadline?

c. On top of the sample report which you have attached, would you be able to offer a 1 page summary of state of finances including income, expenses, assets and liabilities?

Looking forward to your reply

This is a comprehensive report at a good price. Nonetheless, EulerDAO already pays Messari to offer a similar report, though it is biannual.

1 Like

Just a small addition to what river0x said, the Messari proposal was approved on October 30 for a period of one year, so I think u can bring your suggestion again at the end of summer

1 Like

Hey Jenga

a - The funding could be split 50% upfront / 50% retroactive for the whole year (or 1 quarter to avoid making many small disbursments).
b - The reports would be produced within two weeks after each month end. I don’t have an answer for the consuqences of non respect of the deadline.
c - Yes, if the community wants some metrics / formats added, they can be added (if possible ofc).

The Messari reports are produced for both Investor Information & Distribution.

The reports I propose will be produced by a community member for the community, shared here on the forum on a monthly basis. You can think of it as in house finance department with a small price tag.

Waiting 6 months to get the state of the DAO financials seems too long. Monthly reporting seems a reasonable interval for the community to stay informed.

Given the low price tag, this grant could be approved alongisde Messari’s since they are also focused on distribution.

1 Like

Requested Budget Breakdown : 1k/Month as Compensation for my time & efforts and to pay for any potential subscriptions (Token Terminal costs 350 USD/Month & Dune’s most popular plan costs 420 USD/Month for example).

So you don’t already have these, which i assume is necessary for you to do other reports. Which means I can only assume you’ve not done these reports before?

I think you need to do 2-3 months for free, based on the material you already have, in good faith, so we know if you got it.

See linked Uniswap report for example.
“Any POTENTIAL Subscriptions” … If I need some data that’s not available for free, I’ll need a subscription.

Completely agree here.

More details :
Instead of monthly reports, I can make quarterly reports to decrease the costs for the DAO. The funding request is the same 1k USD (in EUL) per report.
Also, I can accept funding for one quarterly report as test run before a longer period engagement.

As mentioned by @river0x Messari will already offer similar reports to the DAO with wider distribution.

We also feel that seeing a few Euler monthly reports first would allow the DAO to assess the quality, reach and impact of these. This would allow the DAO to make a better decision regarding if this is a worthwhile investment or not. Just based on what you have published on https://www.asymmetricdefi.com/ it is difficult to assess if the DAO should approve spending $12K on this.

We still encourage you to write these reports and would be happy to help you get access to Euler on-chain data for free if that can help you get started. We contributed building the Euler Dune dashboard and Euler subgraph and can help you get you access to the data you need.

We will vote against this proposal at the moment but we encourage you to start contributing to the DAO and would be happy to help you get access to Euler data if that’s something that could be helpful.

Messari reports are biannual. Given the progress state of EulerDAO, Monthly reports could be useful for the community.

Updated proposal with Retroactive funding.

Name : Asymmetric Defi

Description of Grant Request :
Provide Monthly Reports about the Financial State of the Euler DAO. The reports would include : Revenues, Expenses, Treasury Analysis, Competition Analysis, Macro Trends Analysis …

How will your project benefit the Euler Ecosystem?
Inform the community about what’s going on with the DAO financially and how it is impacted by crypto trends & news…

Implementation Overview
1k USD per report (paid in EUL, rate determined at time of payment) paid retroactively after the production of each monthly report.
The mandate can be revoked by a subsequent DAO vote.

Other Information :
The reports would be similar to what I produce for Uniswap .

Asymmetric Defi is both Uniswap & Aave Grantee

Retroactive approach may help address some of the doubts that folks have about the different approaches between this proposal and messari’s ask.

Usually when asking for retroactive funds it’s best to provide some proof of work such as one report which you have already created for Euler.

What I mean by retroactive funding here is that payments will be made after the reports are produced. The payment will not depend on the quality of the report.

I will start producing these reports once the mandate is approved.

The said mandate can be revoked by a subsequent vote.

There is a lot of detail in that Uniswap report. V impressive. But I don’t see how it’s necessary at this stage. I’d prefer to see how the Messari reports are before deciding on any further financials.
Thank you for posting.

4 Likes