Title: Schedule rolling monthly oracle change discussions & votes
Authors: River / Raslambek
Related Discussions: N/A
Submission Date: Q1 2023
This proposal calls for a once monthly asset oracle discussion post to be scheduled (on the first of each month) with the vote of the outcome of the discussion to be held on the first day of the final week of each month.
Countless Uniswap V3 → Chainlink oracle posts are discussed in this forum. This is a great thing: it promotes protocol security. Nonetheless, in the interests of keeping the forum clean and engaged while always trending towards minimising governance, it would be preferable to schedule these votes to once a month.
This would have the following advantages:
- It would clean the forums by reducing the number of separate posts needed
- It would centralise discussion into one forum, ensuring that no assets are missed
- It would reduce voter apathy by decreasing the number of votes required to take over the course of the month
- It would ensure that other important discussions are not crowded out by these fairly repetitive (but important) proposals
Of course, exemptions for fast track oracle changes can always be made. We should be proud of the perception and intelligence of our growing community in how we acted during EIP31.
Starting January 1st, 2023, I suggest we begin with an asset oracle post.
One week before the end of January, 2023 (i.e. the 24th of January), a vote shall be taken to move all agreed upon assets to the desired oracle.
This will be rolling monthly in February, March, April etc. and each vote will begin one week before the end of a month.
I will implement these myself each month (or should I be absent have delegated it to another DAO member). A fast track exemption like EIP31 will be allowed for should the DAO deem it necessary.
- Yes, implement this rolling monthly oracle discussion and vote
- No, keep the oracle discussions as they are