Euler DAO Delegate Application

Welcome to Euler DAO’s call for delegates!

Thank you for choosing to nominate yourself as a delegate for our vibrant community.

Before nominating yourself, please review the information below on how to prepare your application.

If you have questions, let us know in the Governance channel on Discord!

Who are delegates?

Delegates are community members who strongly align with Euler’s mission to provide permissionless lending markets, reactive interest rates, protected collateral, MEV-resistant liquidations and more.

Why do delegates exist?

Allowing community members to delegate their votes means they can still have a say in the DAO, without needing to be involved in day-to-day governance.

Delegates exist because the size of the community will extend far beyond the number of individuals who are able to spend time personally considering every single DAO proposal.

The DAO will be launching soon. When it does, we will encourage community members to delegate their votes. As part of that process, community members will be presented with a list of delegates.

Note that ONLY those who have replied to this thread with an application will be shortlisted to appear on the delegates list. Moderators will begin filtering applications immediately, and the community will finalise the delegate list in July.

What do delegates do?

Delegates are volunteers! Being a delegate means you’re volunteering for active, ongoing participation in the upcoming DAO—including staying on top of community developments and making governance decisions.

As a delegate, you’ll be voting on governance proposals once the DAO launches and upholding the community’s objectives.

Although the exact roles of a delegate will likely change over time, delegates are expected to take on the following key responsibilities:

1. Read, understand, and provide any necessary feedback on governance forum posts.
  2. Explore new ways to improve the Euler Protocol as a whole, whether by technical improvements, governance changes, or any other means.
  3. Understand Euler Protocol’s market / asset parameters and how these parameters can be tuned to ensure that the core protocol functions optimally for all network participants and is up to date with latest market trends.
  4. Actively vote on governance proposals.

Euler will use OpenZeppelin Governor as its governance protocol/framework. If you’re not familiar with OpenZeppelin Governor, please check out the OpenZeppelin on-chain Governance documentation to learn more, as well as the Governor and other related smart contracts on GitHub.
Euler will also be using the Tally Governance dashboard to manage the governance process, e.g., voting power delegation, proposal creation, voting, queuing, execution, etc.

Compensation for delegates

Acting as a delegate is expected to require a significant amount of effort and should be treated as a serious commitment. The Euler DAO will aim to fairly and adequately reward its delegates. Delegates will eventually receive compensation for this significant time commitment once the role has stabilised.

Who should apply?

You only need to apply if you want to appear in the delegate list!

If you’d prefer to vote on your own behalf, or would rather not appear in that list, you don’t need to nominate yourself.

All Set? Great! Time to apply!

Please Note: The delegates application has now been moved to a new form to enhance the process.

To apply, please complete the online form. Once you have applied, our moderators will be notified and will review the application for approval. Upon approval, your profile will be automatically displayed on the delegates page on the DApp.

A moderator will reach out if we need any more information.

Once you’ve applied, it’s time to tell the world! We encourage you to tweet and let your friends and followers know, so they can also lend their support.

The information below will be required as part of the application.

Many thanks and good luck!

:point_down: :point_down: :point_down:

**ETH Address:**

**ENS name:**

(Optional but strongly preferred)

**Discord username:**

**My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:**

(Your statement of intent.)

**My Web3 interests:**
*Choose ≤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: “A, B, C”.*

> Accessibility, Bridges, Cryptography, DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Developer tools, Economics, Events, Environment, Gaming, Governance, Identity, Infrastructure, Legal, Messaging, Music, NFTs, Oracles, Privacy, Security, Social impact, Visual art, Wallets, Writing, Zero knowledge

**I confirm that:**

* I am willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
* I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
* I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

**My Web3 qualifications:**

(Please share details of any Web3 projects you’ve contributed to, DAOs you are a member of, previous delegate experience, etc.)

**Additional links:**

* GitHub (optional):
* Twitter (optional):
* Discord (optional):
* Additional URL or blog (optional):
16 Likes

ETH Address: 0xd513d45d3e6bca97cb8e9cf840979273972dac90
ENS name: shippooor.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

We strongly believe in what Euler is building and have already contributed to the DAO by building a Dune analytics dashboard and a dedicated subgraph. We want to become a delegate to contribute our expertise in web 3 development, risk & analytics to the DAO. We’re looking forward to actively engage and vote on new proposals.

My Web3 interests:
Data and analytics, DeFi, Developer tools, Economics, Governance

I confirm that:

• I am willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: Agree
  • I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: Agree
  • I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Agree

My Web3 qualifications:
The Shippooor team is actively contributing to multiple DAOs (incl. Euler).

We have built multiple Dune Analytics dashboards for protocols like Uniswap, Instadapp and Euler (see: @shippooordao).

We built a dedicated subgraph for Euler.

We also contributed to other protocols like Notional and dYdX via their grants program to build analytics dashboards and other tools (see: https://info.notional.finance/)

We would love to bring our analytics and DeFi expertise to the Euler DAO as a delegate and contribute to the growth of the protocol over time.

Additional links:
GitHub: ShippooorDAO · GitHub
Twitter: https://twitter.com/shippooor

3 Likes

I believe it will lead to success

ETH Address:0xD945e44ab072Fb0319eA1164345daC05cB4Af63a

ENS name:2hodl.eth

Discord username:captainJack#1996

(i think euler is a very promising project and i want to be part of the community.)

My Web3 interests:
Choose ≤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: “A, B, C”.

Accessibility, Bridges, Cryptography, DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Developer tools, Economics, Events, Environment, Gaming, Governance, Identity, Infrastructure, Legal, Messaging, Music, NFTs, Oracles, Privacy, Security, Social impact, Visual art, Wallets, Writing, Zero knowledge

I confirm that:B,N,Z

• I am willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: (Agree/DAO needs people to be actively engaged,without people, DAO is null)
  • I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: (Disagree/incentives is very important to encourage delegate be dedicated to project)
  • I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: (Agree/being a delegate requires responsibility)

My Web3 qualifications:

(i have participated in DAOs like snapshot, web3 like debank, zerion, and also an acitive delegator in cosmos, juno, osmos ecosystem)

Additional links:

0x7BAFC0D5c5892f2041FD9F2415A7611042218e22

ivangbi.eth

Discord username: ivangbi :space_invader:#4318

Euler team seem to be smart guys, and I wanna be a part of their journey & moonbag. Jokes aside, I try to stay on top of DeFi (innovation and strategy wise), so can have good perspectives here and there. I don’t know code or math though, so dev-related things are not my forte, but anything else - works.

My Web3 interests:
DeFi, DAOs, Governance, Oracles, Shitposting, Getting Rekt.

I confirm that:

• I am willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO.
  • I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers - but cmon gib tokens duh.
  • I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment.

My Web3 qualifications:

Shitposting in gearbox protocol and lobsterdao, as well as trying to rug my net worth by angeling in DeFi rugs. I sell the bottoms and buy the tops. Please don’t follow me.

Additional links

ETH Address: 0xeaD95E58791e42D89EF144A2BaB00B1BfAFC0a3C

I’ve been interacted and reviewing over hundreds of projects since last “DeFi Summer”, yet only Euler is perhaps the most eye-catching one for it really tries to improve the whole borrow&lending protocols, especially in terms of Capital Efficiency, rather than just building a pool and ask people to stake.I strongly believe even the whole DeFi industry would benefit from Euler.

I am not a “all talk, no action” person, i love Euler, so i have literally translated all Euler’s docs, whitepaper, blogs and newsletters into Chinese, you can check here

No fancy words need.For me, it’s just human nature that i want to become a delegate to continue to contribute and grow with Euler, where i have consistently put my passion and love into.

My Web3 interests:

1.Decentralized Storage.
2.Decentralized Oracles.
3.DeFi
4.Dao(actually 1-3 are integrated with and becoming fully ruled by Dao)

I confirm that:

• I am willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: Agree
  • I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: Agree

My Web3 qualifications:

1.For Decentralized Storage,

• I am the Ambassador of subspace project,
  • Active members and (translation) contributors on github for tableland(previously known as textile) .
  • I am also OG of Akord project, which offers Arweave based permanent storage.

2.For Decentralized Oracles,

• I am the active members and (translation) contributors on github for RedStone,
  • Active member on KYVE and top 300 community points holders(World-Wide)

3.For DeFi and others, except for Eulerain Role in Euler, I am also:

• Outstanding Ambassador (twice) in SynFutures
  • Active members on UXD,Zeta, and other Defi projects on Solana
  • Neoner Role(highest ranking for non-team community members) in Neon

Additional links:
GitHub: Chainguys
Twitter: Chainguys
Blog:Blog
Discord: Chainguys🔓#6306

2 Likes

ETH Address:0x59c37E94Da9747052d4C051D1832BAb10d4AF2b5

ENS name:shark175.eth
Discord username:maxakyla#1518
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:i’ve been following the project since autumn.Participated in testnet.I want to be part of this community.I like to be a free man not to depend on anyone.I like to vote.
My Web3 interests:DeFi,Data and analytics,Accessibility, Bridges, Privacy, Security.
My Web3 qualifications:I’m not a developer but I contribute to other communities.I am testing in the cosmos network.Taking a vote Cosmos Ecosystem.I contribute to Across protocol.

Additional links:

GitHub:maxallat (maksim) · GitHub
Twitter https://twitter.com/bestrichakyla
Discord:maxakyla#1518

**ETH Address: 0xc92c4df3dd076d3ef60f2c6c533ee16616f4d8a5

**ENS name: Asusvivobook.eth

**Discord username: Mason7102

**My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Be a member of a DAO - be a really person

**My Web3 interests: Data and analytics, DeFI, Security, Infrastructure, Oracle

I confirm that:

My Web3 qualifications:
Some project i have contributed like Gitcoin, Aave Gotchi, Francium

ETH Address:
0x7d873FbFE8e16f5F55740a52a356c2f52c613cdF

Discord username:
0x0F#2130

I’ve been interested in oracles for quite a while, and how Euler is building on-chain oracles for collateral perked my ears up. I believe that this project is robust and hardened against the uncertainties of defi and already planning for post-merge.

I’ve been involved with multiple projects since last year, including contributing code to hackathons and lending platforms. Cryptographic networks and serving financial primitives through them seems real cool to me.

My Web3 interests:
Zero Knowledge, Cryptography, Economics, Privacy, Oracles

I confirm that:

• I am willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

My Web3 qualifications:
Contributed to a winning project in the Bitcoin Bankathon : here

Contributed to a synthetics asset protocol for Solana Ignition here (The code for the price feed is what I contributed)

Additional links:

• GitHub (optional): nuts-rice · GitHub
  • Twitter (optional): @nuts_rice
  • Discord (optional): 0x0F#2130
  • Additional URL or blog (optional): mishka.eth

Hi!

ETH Address: 0xa6C177dcBD481a3138d858022B3F2Fe184793778

ENS name: N/A

Discord username: Raslambek#1302

I joined Euler Community back in December 2021 and have always been an active member since then. In March 2022 I was honored to get a role of a Community-Mod and did my best to develop Euler’s community and help its members.
I participated in the testnet phase, getting first knowledge on how Euler works and what goals it pursues and helping other users to test Euler. Then I used Euler in the early days of the mainnet launch.
During all these months, playing various roles in the community, using Euler from the testnet to a limited mainnet and a full-scale mainnet, I made sure that Euler’s vision is not just about making another good lending protocol but to reach the ideal. I would like to help Euler to reach this goal. I suppose my experience will help me to match the general vision of the team with the needs of users to make Euler a leading protocol on the market. I would be really glad to become an EulerDAO delegate.

My Web3 interests:

DAOs, DeFi, Economics, Governance, Identity.

I confirm that:

My Web3 qualifications:

I’am an active editor (more than 500+ contributions) for Golden (Build a Web-3 Knowledge Graph, something like a mixture of Wikipedia and Crunchbase).
Ambassador of Aurigami (lending protocol on Aurora).
As for DAOs, since the very launch, I have been participating in the Governance of Goldfinch (credit protocol), primarily via proposal’s voting.
Active member of a Worldcoin community (Prove-of-Personhood protocol)

Additional links:

ETH Address: 0xdFB7009edD56adA61Ce83EF03111815eFA604c7E
ENS name: dcfpascal.eth

I’m a big fan of the various improvements in lend borrow mechanisms that Euler introduces to the space and like to think I have in-depth knowledge of lending mechanisms of various existing and upcoming protocols. I’ve written twitter threads about Euler in the past and have had discussions with Seraphim on these. I’m also looking into the liquidation bots and have talked to iamzim on these implementations. I try to be impartial and unafraid to voice opinions that may be viewed as contrarian or unpopular based on my beliefs and experiences

My Web3 interests:
Oracles, DeFi, Developer tools, Zero Knowledge, Gaming

I confirm that:

My Web3 qualifications:
Contributor (from advising on tokenomics, product management, providing crypto/defi-native advice, contributing to project repos etc.) to various protocols: cega, matchboxDAO, realms, jediswap etc.

Michael Bentley (Euler founder) follows me on twitter lol

Additional links:
GitHub: https://github.com/08351ty
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dcfpascal_
Discord: dcfpascal#3600

ETH Address: 0xeD95cbd2185924807e3B893B7E7Ac5dFE2efe33F

ENS name: 4eulergov.eth

Discord username: illlefr4u#2957

I like the idea and ux/ui attitude of the Euler team, I have time to dive into proposals and to put forward my own, I want to represent people who trust my expertise and do not have time to participate in Euler government by themselves.

My Web3 interests:

Data and analytics, DeFi, Economics, Governance, Privacy

I confirm that:

My Web3 qualifications:
I know how to upload cats to IPFS, and how to receive flashloans.

Additional links:

ETH Address: 0x60D90a2fd9aFcf1edA3ecAd19aDfD8332Dc0198D

ENS name:

Discord username: burlaka1990#3649

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Euler Finance is a P2P lending protocol with a new technology that allows each user to create lending pools and leave any token as collateral. At the same time, Euler provides flexible individual pool interest rate settings, risk models and other usefulness. This is the best thing that could happen in cryptocurrency.

My Web3 interests: NFTs, DAOs, decentralized finance, and more

I confirm that:

My Web3 qualifications: I help other communities in the early stages. Participated in the Absadorian program Goldginch. At an early stage, she invested in projects in the Polkadot network (Hydra, Acala, Manta Network, etc.). Also active editor of Golden. Installed the Mina node

Additional links:

ETH Address:
0x8fC09E2cEd3353753A3738081F1B9ab0AB4b5303

ENS name:
1huahua1.eth

Discord username:
Huahua#9595

I like this project very much, this project makes me very happy, I have been keeping up with it, I hope to help more friends who like web3.

My Web3 interests:

DeFi, Developer tools, Economics, Governance

I confirm that:

• I am willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: (Agree)
  • I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: (Agree)
  • I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: (Agree)

My Web3 qualifications:
I have participated in the testnet of bico, used zks to make donations, done the liquidity of uni, actively participated in the project, and contributed to the ecology.

Additional links:

ETH Address:

0x0C42567e180CdEdd5B4C690678B6662D74193457

ENS name:

mick.eth but will probably point a subdomain of it to my delegate address

Discord username:

Mick de Graaf#8098

I’ve been advising Euler for nearly 2 years now. In our meetings twice a week I have seen the protocol been developed and helped wherever I could. Additionally I’m building a product on top of Euler and think my insights both as advisor and integrator can add value to the DAO.

My Web3 interests:
Accessibility, DAOs, DeFi, Governance, Security

I confirm that:

My Web3 qualifications:

In 2019 I cofounded what is now PieDAO and worked there as the main smart contract developer.

I’ve been advising Euler for two years almost. Mainly on the smart contract front.

After I left my active role in PieDAO in july 2021 and a small break I joined Merit Circle which I now advise and often actively help as a smart contract developer.

Currently I’m building a product on top of Euler which should make the protocol even more accessible and easy to use.

Additional links:

2 Likes

ETH Address:
0x66cD62c6F8A4BB0Cd8720488BCBd1A6221B765F9

ENS name:
allthecolors.eth

Discord username:
allthecolors#5531

In delegating to me, you can expect advocacy and voting that prioritizes (in order):

• protocol security
  • accessibility for smaller market participants, e.g. gas optimizations, access via lower-cost L2s (e.g. Aztec)
  • regulatory compliance
  • meaningful but fiscally responsible funding of community development around Euler and of public goods on ethereum relevant to Euler’s mission and values

Discovering and experiencing permissionless lending that “just worked” on Compound in 2018-2019 (pre-COMP) was a light-bulb moment for me: I felt viscerally what all the excitement about Turing-complete smart contracts was about and how Compound’s accomplishments were just scratching the surface. I hope to see protocols, like Euler, that bring fresh ideas while building on lessons learned from Compound and Aave, also thrive. I believe in healthy cooperation within a multi-protocol future for money markets on EVMs. I am a user/dabbler turned governor, analyst, and hobbyist-developer excited to see Euler establish a critical and underserved niche in long-tail assets.

My Web3 interests:

Accessibility, Data and analytics, Education, Privacy, Security

I confirm that:

• I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Agree; see my activity record on the Compound Governance forum for evidence of the kind of commitment I can bring to Euler governance as a delegate

My Web3 qualifications:

I have been most involved with Compound:

• co-drafted an Aztec Connect bridge for Aztec zk-rollup users to cost-efficiently and privately interact with the Compound protocol (launching shortly)
  • performed analytics on Compound’s early users to deliver data for a proposal (ultimately defeated) for a retroactive airdrop to early users
  • top-10 contributor on the Compound Governance forum by most metrics

I am an UMA voter, a curator for TheGraph, and former or current participant in DAOs including BarnBridge, Forth Governance (Ampleforth), and InstaDapp. I proudly helped “save” Yam. (Many of these activities are not associated with my ENS address)

I also participate in governance and some service provision outside of the EVM world, e.g. Syscoin’s masternode and on-chain governance systems; staking and governance in the Cosmos and Polkadot ecosystems; and PoW mining on the small number of ASIC-resistant chains whose potential for the public good, in my estimation, justifies their environmental impact.

Additional links:

1 Like

ETH Address:

0xd45404b8E15ECFaCB7C63d6A60559E460f3Ded51

ENS name:

Connormartin.eth

Discord username:

Connor Martin#6086

To build upon and improve permissionless systems

Pro: Improving DAO efficacy, peer-to-peer systems, open-source protocols, good design.

Against: Opportunistic DAO funding applications, “tokenomics”, near-term and reactionary decision making.

My Web3 interests:

Oracles, DeFi, Bridges, Art, Music

I confirm that:

My Web3 qualifications:

Contributor to the Uniswap Protocol, Protocol Lead at Medallion.fm

Additional links:

ETH address: 0x3Dc4E4F0bF3a9135748802f5e7983AE36212e80d

ENS name: alterkahn.eth

Discord username: alterkahn#1033

I’m an active crypto and DeFi ecosystem member and very inspired by decentralization and financial freedom. I’m ‘all in’ crypto since early 2017 and I’m here to stay. I’m strongly excited about Euler, its community, and its future, and I’m definitely ready to take an active part in its DAO and governance process to help us all thrive and succeed.

My Web3 interests:
Choose ≤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: “A, B, C”.

Accessibility, Bridges, DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi.

I confirm that:

• I am willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: (Agree)
  • I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: (Agree)
  • I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: (Agree)

Additional links:

ETH Address:
0x594759aed8fa88d6AA98D6422d0c0D31e783b0D7

ENS name:
none currently for that address but can add a subdomain

Discord username:

Block Enthusiast#4019

I find Euler a fascinating approach to permissionless money markets which takes on big challenges in both addressing and communicating the associated risks.

I would like to position myself closer to these challenges, and think my depthful knowledge of DeFi would allow me to provide value to those who choose to delegate to me.

I will aim for a high participation rate and to be as transparent as possible about my reasoning behind any votes.

My Web3 interests:
DeFi, DAOs, Legal, Oracles, Data and analytics

I confirm that:

My Web3 qualifications:

• Worked as a community manager at PieDAO 2020-early 2021
  • Worked on PieDAO’s treasury committee for remainder of 2021
  • Currently advise FloorDAO
  • Completed cadCAD masterclass

I basically spend all my time learning about web3 technology.

Additional links:

1 Like

0x47a9A2FE26f9eC391cfc6B44F0a104c75f6bBC71

rjbacon.eth

Discord: Bacon :octopus::moyai:#5462

I’m from over at the soon to come Reflexer DAO. (Makers of RAI) And there has been some interest between our two protocols. As we’re looking to reinforce the market for not just the RAI stable coin, but for a whole host of “Money God League” (friendly forks) stable coins, we thought it prudent to have a listed delegate.

DAOs, Infrastructure, Governance, Identity, and DeFi (my personal choices)

I confirm that:

• I am willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation
  • I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens
  • I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment

and I agree to all of the above.

I’m the DAO lead over at Reflexer, and one of the Champions over at MetaGame. I’ve been working with DAOs, primarily MetaGame, for over a year. I also regularly attend conferences and cohost a podcast.

Twitter: @Baconaetor

Thank you all! Looking forward to more from the Euler platform!